Following are but a few examples of what it feels like to be anxious.
• Sometimes, it might feel like you cannot stop your thoughts. You wake up in the middle of the night and can’t stop thinking about things. Or you have a hard time going to sleep because your mind is racing. A lot of ‘what ifs…’ go through your mind.
• If you work, it is hard to concentrate and finish a job.
• If you get involved in a relationship you feel like you can’t make any decisions or you try to make all the decisions to feel in control and safe.
• When you're in social situations, it is hard to feel comfortable or relax.
• You feel nervous and fearful. You worry about seemingly everything.
• There are many other ways anxiety shows up and quickly creates a feeling of being overwhelmed.
How do I work?
I believe that it is necessary to understand what has contributed to the feelings you are experiencing in the present. Self-understanding leads to feeling in control. The more you understand about yourself, the more choices you have to do what you want to do in life. You learn to take charge of your feelings and develop self-confidence.